Top 10 Vest Wearers
The vest wearer, an iconic look for an action star. Sometimes all it takes is one movie (or one vest) to make an icon, other times the vest becomes so linked to a character there is no other costume available for them to consider wearing.
P.S. That is a vest, in American it may be called a tank top. No arguing please.
10) Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China. The only one on the list with a design on his vest, you can tell he is cool just from his eyebrows.
9) Cameron Poe from Con Air. Despite being 85% mullet and a little bit obsessed with a stuffed toy, this guy knows how to wear a white vest like a pro.
8) Bruce Lee in Way Of The Dragon. Game Of Death might have the yellow jump suit but you wouldn’t mess with Way Of The Dragon, with a white vest, seriously high waisted trousers and nunchucks.
7) Ripley from Alien. What could be worse than having to take on a Xenomorph solo, well how about taking on a Xenomorph in only your vest and pants? Leave it to Ripley.
6) Wolverine, from all X-Men movies. This is more Logans look than Wolverine but as we will never get the yellow costume. The big hair and the claws and the vest is pretty much how Wolverine works his signature look nowadays.
5) Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. She doesn’t need to talk, you know that Sarah Connor means business when she swaps one white vest for a black vest.
4) Faith Lehane from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She might have ditched the 90s lipstick and gotten that tattoo lasered by now, but Faith will always be a believer in the vest. An action hero is always ready to punch something when wearing a vest.
3) Vin Diesel in everything, Fast and Furious franchise, Riddick Franchise and probably XXX too. I like to think he has a condition in his contract that states he must be supplied with black and white vests at all times, got to show off the arms bro.
2) Channing Tatum, in Magic Mike, She’s The Man, White House Down and 22 Jump Street. If it was just the amount of times he has been in a vest CT would be the winner, comedy, drama, blatant Die Hard rip offs, whatever Magic Mike is, there is no genre that is safe from Channing turning up in a vest at some point.
1) Bruce Willis in Die Hard (also Die Hard 3 and The Fifth Element). He may have skipped out on the vest in parts 2, 4 and 5 but surely John McClane is the first person you think of running around performing heroics while wearing a vest.